Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Genesis Reunion!



Don't know how I missed this one but apparently a few weeks ago it was announced that my all-time favorite band, Genesis, would be reuniting for a tour this year. Now, it looks like the US isn't on the schedule that I can see, but it's still cool news.

I think I first became really aware of Genesis in 1986, when the "Invisible Touch" album came out. Most of the songs on that album were hit singles. At this same time Peter Gabriel's album "So" came out. I liked both albums, then I found out that Peter Gabriel was once a part of Genesis, so I was intrigued to look into their earlier work. This led me into the strange world or progressive rock. Since then I've been quite a fan of prog-rock...it was Genesis that took me there. I've always enjoyed their work and, as I've said before, my online name "Squonk" comes from one of their songs.

The version of Genesis that's reuniting is the three-man version- Phil Collins, Michael Rutherford, and Tony Banks. It would've been great to see Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett on board again, perhaps in the future.

You can check out the video of the press conference at the band's website - Genesis

No comments: