Tuesday, June 03, 2008

McChick-Fil-A

In the world of fast food, Chik-Fil-A has the greatest chicken sandwich. They're slogan says, "We didn't invent the chicken, just the chicken sandwich." I don't know if that's true, but if not it might as well be.

In most parts of the nation Chick-Fil-A's are primarily in mall food courts. In Georgia, their home base, you can find stand-alone stores all over the place. One of the first markets they launched stand-alone Chick-Fil-A's in outside of the south was right here in Denver. Many of the folks at my office are somewhat fanatical about Chick-Fil-A. We buy the cow calendars every year and some of us even took a pilgrimage to the first Chick-Fil-A (known as the Dwarf House) in Atlanta, where you can actually buy a hamburger.

So have you seen what McDonalds has just launched in their stores? They are calling it the "Southern Style Chicken Sandwich." When I saw a picture of it I thought, "it's a Chick-Fil-A sandwich!" OK, there is a difference, Chick-Fil-A puts the pickles on the bottom, McDonalds has them on top. I take the pickles off so who cares.

A coupon for a free one made it's way to me today, so I decided to give it a try. As I suspected, the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich is a rip-off of the Chick-Fil-A Sandwich.

No comments: