Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cartoon a Day: T-Bone for Two

T-Bone for Two
1942
Directed by Clyde Geronimi
Available on: Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Pluto Vol. 1

I haven't done a Pluto cartoon in all this time we've been doing "Cartoon a Day." Perhaps I've been avoiding it. I mean, I like Pluto but he's never been one of my favorite characters. However, I think I may be gaining a new appreciation for Disney's favorite canine.

"T-Bone for Two" has Pluto in a battle with a bulldog over a bone. Pluto actually shows himself to be pretty sneaky in his efforts to get the bone for himself. One thing I really noticed in this cartoon is the great range of emotion Pluto has. His features seem to be a lot more versatile than some of Disney's bigger stars like Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck. Check out this collection images showing a bunch of different emotions, all of which occur in just a few seconds.




I suppose the fact that Pluto is pretty much a silent character makes his facial expressions that much more crucial. His style of humor is more playful than many other characters, but he is often an example of skillful animation.

No comments: