Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Songs with a Girls' Names in the Title

I was thinking the other day about how many great songs there are with a girls name in the title. Yes, these are the sort of things that go through my mind. I tried to come up with a top 10 list but it was too difficult. It ended up being a list of 40 songs!

I decided to share my list with my blogisphere friends, so here are the top 40 songs with a girls name in the title...as decided by me.

40. Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners



From the days when jumping around in overalls was in style comes Dexy’s Midnight Runners. Come to think of it, what that every in style? I digress. Despite strong accents and mumbled lyrics conspiring to keep us in the dark as to what Eileen could actually see in this guy, “Come on Eileen” is one of those just so darn catchy tunes that makes for a perfect one-hit wonder, which is just what Dexy and his pals ended up being.

More to come later...

No comments: