Saturday, August 30, 2008

This is just plain Sick

Politics is a subject the interests me a great deal, but I don't generally talk about it too much on my blog. This, however, I could not pass up as it is perhaps one of the sickest things I've ever seen in my life. Watch if you can as Michael Moore, appearing on Keith Olbermann's show on MSNBC calls the fact that Hurricane Gustav may hit New Orleans as the Republican National Convention starts "proof that there is a God in Heaven."



That was just a short clip. The entire segment featuring Moore's appearance can be found online as well, in which Olbermann even goes further to point out how ironic it is this is happening after one of the gang over at Focus on the Family called for people to pray for rain during Obama's speech at Invesco Field a few days ago. Now that story, I'll give you, was stupid, childish, and, quite frankly, Dr. Dobson should be ashamed. But with this hurricane, we're dealing with lives at stake. This is not a political issue. I don't care who you align yourself with or you plan do vote for...if you believe there is a God in Heaven, pray for the people of the Gulf Coast region.

Louisiana Representative Steve Scalise has called on Moore to apologize and I second that. Olbermann too, for that matter. I guess the Democrats can be thankful that nobody actually watches MSNBC.

No comments: