Monday, October 09, 2006

Goin' to the Zoo

I love going to the zoo! Always have. When I look at the exhibits at a zoo I just think, "Wow, look what God did!" It amazes me to read about each animal and learn how God made each one in a special way, to be able to live and thrive in their own environments. It also reminds me that God is the father of all creativity. Looking at animals you can see God's eye for beauty, his skill at functional design, and sometimes even his sense of humor.

Saturday we headed over to the Denver Zoo. Denver has a great zoo! My family and I have been members for several years. In the last couple of years, the zoo have made some fantastic improvements like Predator Ridge and Primate Panorama.

Here are a few highlights from our visit

Remember what I said about God's sense of humor? The penguins will always be my favorites!

I have to admit it's a wee bit intimidating to realize that fellows like this bear are native to this state I live in.


These have to be the two strangest creatures I saw at the zoo all day! They even followed me home.

No comments: